Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tweeting/Twittering


iPoem
George Bilgere

Someone's taken a bite
from my laptop's glowing apple,
the damaged fruit of our disobedience,
of which we must constantly be reminded.

There's the fatal crescent,
the dark smile
of Eve, who never dreamed of a laptop,
who, in fact, didn't even have clothes,
or anything else for that matter,


(Joe Bar, my favorite neighborhood coffee shop)

which was probably the nicest thing
about the Garden, I'm thinking,
as I sit here in the café
with my expensive computer,
afraid to get up even for a minute
in order to go to the bathroom
because someone might steal it

in this fallen world she invented
with a single bite
of an apple nobody, and I mean
nobody,
was going to tell her not to eat. 

(la nuit)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures of Joe Bar. (And we won't ask why there's no apostrophe s.)

    I'm not convinced the poet is clear on his objective, here - is he blaming Eve for everything, or bemoaning the fact that he can't leave his computer to get up and go pee? How is that Eve's fault? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. because it's a bar of joe (coffee) not connected to anyone named Joe...therefore, it's grammatically correct and I can still keep going there. Whew.

    Yeah, and you can safely leave your laptop and use the restroom here.

    ReplyDelete