Monday, April 26, 2010

Sky Magic

 (sunrise from my loft)

Song
Ashley Bryan

(sunset outside Chicago, summer 09)

Sing to the sun
It will listen
And warm your words
Your joy will rise
Like the sun
And glow
Within you

(sunset at Volunteer Park)

Sing to the moon
It will hear
And soothe your cares
Your fears will set
Like the moon
And fade
Within you.

 (moonrise outside my window, autumn 09)

from The Rose Tattoo
Tennessee Williams

There is something wild in the air,
no wind, but everything's moving...
and I can hear the star-noises.  Hear them?
Hear the star noises?

 (obviously, not from my camera!)

2 comments:

  1. I ADORE Ashley Bryan; I'm afraid he'll die before I get to see him again. He's in his eighties now... I'm collecting ALL of his books for the Littles' library -- gorgeous artwork and beautiful words. He is my FAVORITE children's poet.

    Gorgeous pictures! But, if I hear the stars making noise, I'm going to assume I'm sharing Tennessee's DT's...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, think I may need to get a copy of this book for myself.

    And if I hear a star making noise, I'm going to assume it's an asteroid hurtling towards earth.

    ReplyDelete