Sunday, April 25, 2010

Birthday homage

 (making of blueberry muffins, summer 09)

As we learned to sing Twinkle, Twinkle last summer, I got Ms. Soli a book of sun & star poetry, along with glow-in-the-dark stars for her 2nd birthday today.  Here is one of the poems from her new book.

 (at Point No Point Lighthouse, summer 09)

Sun
Lyn Littlefield Hoopes

Soleiel!

I'm your star
center stage 
the poem on your page
beauty
power
the beat ablaze
(inhaling tortilla chips on the day of Darwin's birth)

I amaze

I am the candle on your cake
a sparkler burning bright

I am light
splendor
bliss

(Christmas Dinner, 09)

at dawn, your kiss

tenderly
I come to you
a diamond
on the morning dew


I am the wonder of all sky

I am the twinkle
in your eye.

1 comment:

  1. That's from a book of children's poetry? Interesting.

    The many faces of Solace. She really does have quite the expressions sometimes.

    ReplyDelete