Thursday, April 22, 2010

synchronicity

I've been reading/writing poetry for 30 years and yesterday and today, two separate people told me that I needed to read David Whyte's poetry.  I did and have fallen in love.  Poke around his website and see what delights and resonates with you.


Working Together

We shape our self
to fit this world
and by the world
are shaped again.
The visible
and the invisible
working together
in common cause,
to produce
the miraculous.
I am thinking of the way
the intangible air
passed at speed
round a shaped wing
easily
holds our weight.
So may we in this life
trust
to those elements
we have yet to see
or imagine,
and look for the true
shape of our own self,
by forming it well
to the great
intangibles about us.
      from The House of Belonging
      ©1996 Many Rivers Press
Written for the presentation of The Collier Trophy to The Boeing Company
marking the introduction of the new 777 passenger jet.
 Intangibles Dale Withrow

2 comments:

  1. Wow. A 777 and the word "intangible" -- that's about flight and all sorts of things as well.

    I'll be interested to see what else he writes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I shared this with someone yesterday and they were most excited that it was written for Boeing.

    ReplyDelete