Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Je ne demande rien a personne


From my beloved volume from a beloved aunt, Prayers from the Ark.

The Prayer of the Cat
 Carmen Bernos de Gasztold


Lord,
I am the cat.
It is not, exactly, that I have something to ask of You!
No--
I ask nothing of anyone--
but,
if You have by some chance, in some celestial barn,
a little white mouse,
or a saucer of milk,
I know someone who would relish them.
Wouldn't You like someday
to put a curse on the whole race of dogs?
If so, I should say,



Amen.

(Sorry for the no photo layout.  Blogspot has evidently changed it's photo layout and it won't allow me to access my own photo album.  It may take me a couple of days to figure this out.  Anyway, you were spared more darling Bogart photos.)

3 comments:

  1. Hah. I ask nothing from anyone, huh?
    No, cats just demand. Wordlessly, which is even worse.

    Hope beloved aunt is doing well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Bogart to me - maybe you meant additional photos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, I figured out how to add photos from previous blogs, it just won't allow me into my iPhoto. Weird.

    ReplyDelete