Saturday, March 20, 2010

waterfalls of good things


Don't know what is going on--if planets are aligned or the gods are smiling, but the past few days have brought good things my way.  Starting with some gorgeous skirts from a friend.


One of my sopranos is cleaning out her house and when she found out that I like old music, she brought this stack of wondrous sheet music from the 1910s-1920s!  She said more is coming next week.


I thought I ought to water my dirt and was shocked to find all these seedlings when I removed the lid--everything is up except the poblanos.


Have just discovered soba noodles--yes, they've been around for a couple of centuries.  They're a very fast and healthy lunch.  And delish.


The asparagus dish that is listed in the blogs to the right:  Feeding My Enthusiasms.  Big hit at dinner last night.


Perhaps not quite as healthy as the previous dishes, but OHSOTASTY...double ginger, chocolate-chunk cookies.  New recipe that is a keeper.


Penny and job possibility found at Pike's this morning.   Stay tuned...today's adventures include a final trek to the current Elliott Bay bookstore and a visit to a local plant sale; my cousin and I are plotting our balcony gardens for this summer.




1 comment:

  1. HURRAY! I know Elle will be so pleased someone is benefiting from her asparagus-love. And I'm so, so, SO excited that your people bring you sheet music!!! Lovely. And skirts -- doubly lovely. I shall imagine you wafting through warm streets trailing rippling waves of rayon and cotton and silk.

    ReplyDelete