Sunday, March 28, 2010

March misc.


The Central Library hosted the Baltic Spring Celebration yesterday; an intriguing mix of folk dances, the debut of a local Lithuanian choir as well as brief geographical/travelogue powerpoints.  


A long escalator ride to the 10th floor of the library for a shot of the train station clock tower.


Interesting pod-like office space on the upper floors of the library.


Then, tasty tart apple pierogies from Pike's and another wander through the Sculpture Garden, marveling at the eerie 70 degree weather.


 Today brought more typical March weather--two of the three Palm Sunday services were huddled inside, while one was in the bright sunshine.  It is now bucketing down as I type this.  And I am preparing to sleep for the next 48 hours to shake this cold and brace for the week ahead.  Happy to know that in seven days, all Easter candy will be 50% and I can find my annual fabulous spring shoes.


And while standing in line to get a Sunday paper, a woman--giddy with seeing a person with an armload of music,  handed me a card to join the Seattle Women's Chorus.  We'll see.  I do need to be joining some performing groups, but not sure I want to sing with a choir of 200.


1 comment: