Sunday, March 21, 2010

contrary and gardening


Cousin J's last trip to the Elliott Bay Books in Pioneer Square; it moves in April to my 'hood!


Hard to see, but this shot is taken staring straight up at a corporate building.


Delightful lunch of sushi whizzing past the counter--food and entertainment!




UW is abloom with yellow and it must be said, is breath-taking on this first day o' spring.


Garden beginnings.


The middle box contains the beans and squash that I planted a mere week ago!


My splurge of the day!


When I bought these on Friday, I had no idea the middle had gorgeous orange streaks; I go to a flower stall at the very end of Pike's and they give me tightly budded stems because they know I'm a local.

Little Luke is now looking like a boy, not a baby.









2 comments:

  1. Emmanuel is walking, as of Friday.

    ...!
    And just that fast, all the babies are upright and away.

    Fingers crossed for the job!
    Also, the towel made me expect the words "What part of NO don't you understand;" the music amused me. I thought you'd be SINGING "Noooo" or something. But alas.

    Happy you, with a bookstore nearby! And audacious flora and sushi-spinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a charming lad. Thanks for posting the photos, particularly of him and all the spring glory. Thought of you as we passed briefly through Sea-Tac today on our way home.

    ReplyDelete