Wednesday, March 3, 2010

double delight


Trader's now has dark chocolate covered pomegranate seeds; between the amount of fat and the double dose of anti-oxidants, I figure my cheeks will be plump with youthful freshness by the bottom of that bowl.

Penny found on the daily trek to the library; found this annoying quote in one of the books I got (and if you think this was penned by the latest Beverly Hills or Berkeley health guru, you'd be wrong....):

"If you want to be happy, be."

Leo Tolstoy

Here's to sitting still and living the unexamined, chocolate-filled life.

2 comments:

  1. I just got two pomegranates - sans dark chocolate - and am quite happy. Look forward to spooning them up whilst I read... as soon as I open those bad boys.

    Aren't they sticky??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, they're actually dried. I just learned to peel pomegranates in a bowl of water--the chaff just floats and the seeds sink and there's 0 splattering. But then, you probably already knew this trick.

    ReplyDelete