Tuesday, March 9, 2010

artful day


My view this morning.  Grandma Dunston always had a prism hanging in her dining room window, so when I was in Prague (crystal capitol of possibly the world), I got my own prism and this morning, the slant of light was such that this was dancing around my ceiling.


Began the work day by hanging an original drawing of Fred the Fish in my office.  Ms. Aubrey drew it yesterday while her mother and I chatted.  Taught an inspiring and fun lesson, she says modestly and then walked to the Central Library to enjoy a free concert of the Medieval Women's Choir.  I didn't realize that the conductor was the same woman who did the orchestration a good decade ago when I did Ordo Virtutum at Saint Mark's. 


Gorgeous concert and a penny found on the way homewards.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, the words "Free" and "Medieval" together are a happy coincidence. I have a huge prism hanging in the living room window (it used to hang in front of the slider at home) and I want more - we have the best sunlight here, and nice big windows -- but we'd probably go blind with too many.

    Still - I recall Pollyanna and always want more.

    ReplyDelete