Monday, July 5, 2010

home and hearth

As it was pouring rain on the afternoon of the Fourth, plans for wandering around Volunteer Park/Conservatory/Asian Art Museum were shelved and games were pulled out.  After of course, the requisite hot dogs, potato salad and corn-on-the-cob were devoured.


Wicked game of Bookopoly; complete with shady real estate transactions.


One real estate mogul and one mini-spa session.

Mr. Money Bags of the day's game; always surprised that it was his turn as he was more occupied with regaling us with tales of people and places than rolling the dice.


Bogart's contribution was to lie upon my land deeds and monies.  As the fireworks began, he opted to climb into the closet and hide under my skirts.  


I didn't try to capture the sparkles with my teensy phone camera, but I will say that being able to see fireworks in all directions is making me lean heavily towards renewing the lease on this unit I call home.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. That last photo is AMAZING. Looks like you had a pleasant 4th.

    ReplyDelete