Monday, July 26, 2010

heat wave, we're havin' a heat wave


the temperature's rising....and so is the moon.


If you want to know the comfy-est place in the house, observe the pets in the household.  Here's Bogart taking up a good 60% of the bed.  He's nicely aligned in the best path of the fan's air, as well.


As it was 84 when I left my house in the morning, I knew I needed to be at the shore by late afternoon.


happy toes


I bribed myself today.  I promised myself that if I played nicely at the Arts Camp at which I'm teaching this week (grouse, grouse--for FREE) that I could sit at the beach and enjoy fresh Washington cherries and a chunk of Manchego cheese.


I behaved and thus earned my beach outing.  Being high tide, there was only a bit of sand to walk upon, but it was still lovely.


There are bits of historical trivia as well as handy oceanic guides etched into random sidewalk blocks along the miles of beach.


A different shot of the over-flowered house; this time I tried to juxtapose it against the modern condo beside it.


One more glance at the water and then it's time for errand running.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a very good bribe indeed! The cherries are here... but they're ...hit or miss. Blackberries are actually much better since they're grown just up the way, where it's sunnier/drier.

    Thank you for playing nicely. We'd hate to have to put you in time out for kicking the other children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to enjoy the beach! We're already running the heater. You could be here, instead....

    ReplyDelete