Saturday, July 24, 2010

delicious and delightful

Today was simply too gorgeous of a day on every level to not post a blog.  I was a guest of some generous people at the Olympic Music Festival.  For those of you who ever came to one of my gigs at the White Barn in St. Helena, this is very similar in design.


My ferrywards walk garnered me $.12!


Isn't my city lovely?


The outside of the venue.


When going on a picnic, you are assured of good eats when the hosts are Italian.  I neglected to take photos of the delish raspberries and creme fraiche which served as dessert.


Bits from the flower garden on the grounds.


Every proper garden ought to have a friendly scarecrow.


"Daisies are the happiest flower."  (I will donate my $.12 to anyone who can name the movie and the actress who speaks that line.)


There were also donkeys on the grounds.  How often do you get to pet a donkey and hear Mozart played by a professional string quartet?


We're having stunning sunsets right now and I am taking pictures of them all.  This is when I wish I could paint well.  Ah well, perhaps it is best to simply breathe and stare at the sky as the colours change.

3 comments:

  1. Watercolor lends itself nicely to sunsets.

    Glad you had a splendid day! Looks lovely. Sometimes it's a breath of fresh air for me to go to an actual house -- with earth around it, and gardens -- and remind myself that one day again, I, too, will live in a house. And have a Proper Life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to your blog - hope it's to stay - beautiful pix - all of them.

    ReplyDelete