Monday, October 5, 2009

sunrise to the setting of the sun



not sure why I was awake pre-sun, but I decided to admire the tinting morning sky.




Quite literally, the view from my pillow.

Breezed by the closest Starbucks on my way to church and ran into my new jazz musician friend.  We had a quick chat.  Then, some very nice lady stood and picked feather-duster feathers off my tan suede coat.  If you're feeling as though you need attention, I suggest you get dressed up and clickety-clack your way into  a sketchy neighborhood coffee shop on a Sunday morning.



My boss with Malcolm, her newly adopted dog.


Stylin' the polka dots.



Darling, darling kitties, Simon & Schuster.  (They've not published anything recently.)








 
 

for some reason, this new blog format is doing something crazed with the html tonight, so I'll have to add all my comments down here.  After the birds and beasts were blessed and sent on their way, I met up with a colleague for a tasty slice of pizza and then another round of Compline at St. Mark's.  She's an organist and is friends with many of the musicians in this area, so she introduced me to several singers/conductors tonight.  These photos are of my stroll there and back.  There are two gorgeous high school in the area. 

And just as I entered the last block prior to my door, I found a penny!

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous lizard! Wonder what kind it was.
    The swoopy sleeves of your boss with the dog ... a somehow strangely funny juxtaposition. Or, it could be the eternal fever talking.

    As always, love your drapes. I have 14 ft. windows here, and it would cost me a shiny mint to dress them out like that without Ikea, but if only I had a ladder that reached the ceiling, I'd do it. Found some lovely bronze ones.

    Looks like a nice day, if unrelieved by any pictures of caramel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *(Funny, my last word verification was "shool," -- or, shul, which is church!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had those drapes forever--they were on my closet for the past two years.

    ReplyDelete