Wednesday, October 28, 2009

day of delights



back to the Arboretum to see if any leaves survived last night's hail and lightening.



la parenti in the Japanese Maple Grove






enormous 'shroom on the way to lunch



I'd say one of the most serendipitous things of this month was the discovery of Teapot in my neighborhood.  Corn soup was the perfect dish for this chilly and dampish day.



scrrrrrumption Manchurian tofu, no I hadn't heard of that adjective before, but it was divine.


The penny today was found in the change machine at Safeway, after the pineapple was purchased.  It was joined by it's Canadian cousin.  So, now I have $.06 towards my Olypmic funding.

2 comments:

  1. The mushroom looks disturbing - but autumnally correct in color, at least. Wow, that tofu looks fabulous! I love the idea of an arboretum -- how cool.

    And my captcha word is FIRDAMP. I'm thinking yes, they were.

    ReplyDelete