Saturday, December 4, 2010

salt water cure


 It's been awhile since we've had a gratuitous cute kitty photo....since the weather is chilly,  Bogart now loves to dig himself into a nest among the comforters.  I have to be careful before I sit down on the bed now to make sure I don't squash the cat.


Had I known the day I was to have on the day I found this penny, think I would have left it on the sidewalk.


Last night, serendipitously, I found that I had a bit of back pay coming to me, so I gassed up my little car and we headed to the nearest ocean beach in Washington.


Have to say it was the least nice beach I've been to--vehicles were allowed all over which negated the best part of a beach visit:  the long wind-bracing mind-clearing stroll.  It was also flat and empty.  Realize that I've been entirely spoiled by going to the Pacific Ocean along Oregon and NoCal my entire life.  It was still nice to hear the scream of sea gulls and hear the waves.


There was nothing on the beach besides all the SUVS except this enormous pile o' seaweed.  Or perhaps it is alien remains.




 Sand dollar broken cleanly in half.


I realized as I uploaded this shot, that I did nothing to show the scale/size of this crab shell.  It was larger than my foot (size 7.5 in US women's).  If I ate crab, I imagine that this fellow would have been quite the feast.


Haven't seen one of these fine furry fellows in YEARS!  I used to know some silly rhyme that foretold the winter by reading the stripes.  Something similar to the "red sky in morning, sailors take warning" doggereled wisdom.  If anyone knows it, feel free to share.


Since I was out driving (one of my new life rules is that I can't drive to just one place.  So, I combine all my driving needs/errands with the days I drive to work.  Divine!), I popped by Goodwill on my way home.  Did you know that EVERY cooking utensil in the store is a mere $.69???????  I wanted to buy a bucket load, but I only needed a new potato masher.  The original price tag is on the handle for $.49.


Also scored a lovely IKEA silver tray in which to assemble my Advent candles.

4 comments:

  1. What?! You got a new Advent tray!?
    Do you still have my glass pie dish?
    It cracks me up that I used to have TWO of those, but now I have none... who loses DISHES!? I have managed to loose most of my salad forks, too, although I lay that blame squarely at my mother's door - I'm sure they're at HER house somewhere. Along with my last remaining pie dish... ::sob::

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I gave your pie plate back years ago. I've been using the base of the fake wreath for the past few seasons, but it finally died on this last move.

    Find the equivalent to a Goodwill near you. I get irrationally giddy in the housewares section because everything is SO cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, your mother has stolen your pie plate - because she wants you to come home. Evil, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete