Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Circumference of Home


is the title of an intriguing book which I began reading last night.  So far, my favorite quote is:  Hope is an orientation of the spirit, an orientation of the heart....It is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.


 One of the components to a life well-lived (for me) is more walking, less driving.  I've been lucky enough to have had three job postings where I could walk to work.  Am hoping to return to that model.  I currently live in a neighborhood with a 92 walking score and I love that.


Penny for the day (and yes, the candle was blown out prior to leaving for work....last week, I left it burning all day.)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is some quote -- an orientation of the spirit.

    That, to me, bespeaks a person who is choosing to be positive - orientating their spirits toward due North.

    ReplyDelete