Thursday, December 23, 2010

liminality


Delightful tea from some fabulous musical elves is proving to be the perfect way to unwind from hours of Christmas rehearsals.  

Fa-la-la.  La, la, la.

In twenty-four hours, it will have zipped by.  Each year, I am surprised when it is over.  My Christmas begins in July when I order/choose the music; so five months of plotting goes into one evening's performances.  Perhaps that is why it is so poignant.

And this hush prior to the curtain rising is perhaps one of my favorite experiences as a musician.  All is calm and things are semi-bright.




2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I would like a perennial tea room! Preferably in my house... one of these days I'm going to have to open one.

    I will think of you when the bells ring -- as you'll just be getting ready to hit those last rehearsals.

    Merry on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing to reach the culmination of months of planning - YOU are a blessing - the recipients of your talent and hard work may appreciate the results and not realize what it takes - certainly you are not financially compensated! I wish you serenity and rest and a sense of having done a superb job this Christmas weekend.

    ReplyDelete