Saturday, December 11, 2010

i heart city living


I'm out running errands.  Standing on the corner, waiting for the light, I notice a woman in a eye-ball searing purple trench approach.  She takes a deep breath and belts out:  "I own NOTHING of value.  My body is the only thing of value that I own.  There is NO AMOUNT of money that I will take for it.  I did not ask to be brought into this world.  I didn't ask for this, did I?  This world is weird and f%$&ed up."


I wasn't sure if I ought to link arms with her and sing "AMEN" or whether to sidle away.  She continued looping through her message, getting louder with each repetition.

The light changed and she went into the bank.

It is a weird world.


But there are still gingerbread houses to be built...


and pennies to be found and chocolate to be savored.


3 comments:

  1. Hah. The pumpkin next to the gingerbread house makes me think this was an immediately-after-Thanksgiving-dinner project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, it just occurred this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pumpkin is from October and is still firm and good. Gingerbread house was "made" on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete