Sunday, December 13, 2009

plethora of delights



Please admire my pink and swirly Blackberry Pearl.  My old phone was dying--it would just shut down and I'd pry it apart and reinsert the battery and it would make one more call and then shut down.  It was also literally disintigrating; little bits of plastic fell off every time I pushed buttons.  Found a good deal and snapped up this fun little phone.



Attempting the SIM card transfer....



then out into the fresh air to see a mini-Stonehenge in the Arboretum



cool loop in a tree branch



You may have to click on the photo to read the warning....



which myriad people were blithely ignoring!



look at that blue!



It is said that smell is the strongest memory-triggering sense.  There's something in this crisp air that I cannot describe--something tangy and tart and woodsy.  As soon I inhale it, I am swooped back to being five-years-old and playing out the woods behind the school in Alaska.



Hard to believe that this water is usually full of ducks and kayakers.



attempt at an artsy shot



more shots of skaters; it's surreal to see real frozen water (as opposed to man-made rinks) in western Washington.



Lacy gate at the other end of the Arboretum.



And yes, a penny was found!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I find it astounding that you have a skating lake!!!! I would definitely not go out, but how cool!

    And your swirly phone is lovely, of course. And takes decent pictures, I assume? Some of them were pretty sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope these are all from my ancient (well, in technology terms) camera

    ReplyDelete