Thursday, December 31, 2009

cheering cemetery

Think I've mentioned before how odd I think it is that we celebrate a new year in January.  Spirits and landscapes are dank and chilled at this time of year; seems a bit surreal to be all rah-rah improve this and that.  People that I know are generally cranky and broke and overloaded with sugar and fats and overheated office work.  I've always preferred September as the kick-off to a new year and a fresh slate.


As I've had a flu that has left me limp and wishing me off my mental and mortal coil, decided the ending of 2009 would be an auspicious day to walk through the local cemetery.  Normally, it has stellar city viewing, but with the icy rain, not so much.  It still was a peaceful walk and provided some perspective to niggling issues in my life.



Wispy blossoms along my walk.



One of the beautiful homes in my neighborhood.



fun fence decorations



I've never done the annual Christmas letter, but in my morning journaling, realized that this has been quite the year.  A new decade of life.  Graduation from Princeton.  Driving twice across the USA this summer.  Plunging back into the professional world, as well as the dating world.  Much has transpired for me within 12 months.  Too much to attempt to capture with my flu-addled brain.








I will close by saying that I wish you much happiness in 2010; however you define it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm amused that a cemetery gives you... perspective. This is not necessarily a bad thing! Just ...deep.

    I hear the minions unloading the party food for tonight. Give me strength...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. perhaps you'd like to find your own architectural and peaceful cemetery??

    ReplyDelete