Saturday, December 5, 2009

carol of the advent

Hiked to Pike's this morn to find my 2009 Christmas ornament.  I walked with the lyrics from last night's rehearsal singing in my head.  Didn't realized that some of the singing was outside my head until people began to sidle away from me while waiting for the crossing light to change!  Three pennies were found in my wanderings today.



people, look east.  the time is near of the crowning of the year.
make your house fair as you are able,
trim the hearth and set the table
people, look east and sing today:
Love, the guest is on the way.






stars, keep the watch.
when night is dim, one more light the bowl shall brim,
shining beyond the frosty weather,
bright as sun and moon together.
people, look east and sing today:
Love, the star, is on the way.



angels anounce with shouts of mirth
him who brings new life to earth.
set every peak and valley humming with the word,
the lord is coming.
people, look east and sing today:
Love, the lord is on the way.





Fresh sourdough and homemade potato soup were enjoyed while admiring the fact that my cheap Advent wreath survived a 6000 mile move with minimal tippage.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely egg ornament.

    No wreath here, sadly, but we've got nutcrackers! And snowmen. And ...angels. Unfortunately, some of them are are teddy bear angels, but...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still a little unnerved by the number of nutcrackers dancing through your visit...

    ReplyDelete