Friday, December 25, 2009

on Christmas day....



Santa began right with a nice kitchen toy




On a clear day, while you may not see forever, it seems like a long vista



Mount Baker



have to capture the sunshine when it appears--shiny waters outside of Edmonds



a host with a monkey--always a good thing



a host with brand new sharp knives?  even better



beautiful table setting



tasty food



a red/green socked elf engrossed in his newest book



a grandpa and great-grandma and cat



grandma with her grandson



candles lit





and Diva II, up from her nap

at this point, my camera card said that it was full and as I didn't have my laptop or camera accouterments, I will have to wait until I get photos from others.  A good day.

And now it's time for a loooooooon winter's nap.

And down in Cali, the little Santa



2 comments:

  1. ...will have to show your cousin how to make potroast! (Wait. Unless he's not just vegan but gluten free, too?) We did it in a crockpot -- seriously -- and it was great fun. Looked... weird, but was great fun.

    A good day, but not particularly restful, as I don't find my nephews very calming. They roar and run and/or slobber and bang. But they're cute. And ended the day with ONE MORE REHEARSAL for the weekend ahead; you were wise to abdicate after ninety hours of programming and let someone else take over for next weekend (please tell me you did).

    Glad it was merry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ha! I am prepping a mini-sermon on Christmas carols for all three services, sing at one, play the piano at all three, play the organ for one. Fortunately, that ends my week. Only staff meeting on Wed. Going to be lying very very very still.

    And yes, one cousin is vegan and the other has celiac. Fortunately, S is a fabulous cook/chef.

    ReplyDelete