Tuesday, July 3, 2012

new girl in town


Desperately needed a walk and thought a mall might be a cool and safe place to grab some exercise.  This one turned out to be an outdoor mall, but I could duck into shops when the humidity got too much.  And!  There was a lovely train that's just waiting for a nephew's visit.


part of my new campus; notice how the sky/air is eerily reminiscent of my Jersey chapter?



 On the left is the door to my classroom....complete with grand piano, upright piano, endless storage (some with locking doors--important for instrumental storage), a computer, my own laptop, a smart board, a TV/DVD player, a CD player, overhead projector...am only listing all that stuff, because it was lacking in my last job and caused endless frustration.


Have already per-emptively called dibs on this bench/fountain that is conveniently smack outside my classroom door.


 My new home!  Not a great shot, but am moving in on Thursday morning and will post photos galore.  Comes with a full-size WD (oh happy day) and a large & lovely balcony.  There's also a pool and gym on the property.  And?  It's brand new!  Such delight after a year of moldy grunge.  Clean, bright, and airy.


Another shot of the property--it's so new, they're still paving the driveways.


And yes, I ought to be putting my money into bills, but a girl needs a reward for going through the chaos of a move in mid-summer with a kitty in stitches and the cricket invasion.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you've arrived and have a decent new home! Looking forward to more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait.
    I hadn't heard about the crickets...
    So, so gleeful that you're IN, you're in, you're in, you're in!!!!

    All sorts of Divine goodness happening. Yay.

    ReplyDelete