Tuesday, July 17, 2012

the missing (travel) link


Here are some random shots of my last driving day..


 There was a semi in my way for the state sign of Texas--bummed me out--I had gotten all the other state crossings.  But there's really no way to stop or back up on a freeway, so the El Paso sign will suffice.



happiest sign I think I've ever seen (until I see one for free shoes)--legally cleared to drive 80!!!


'nuff said


 and after hours of the this rather dreary landscape, one doubly appreciates the speed at which one can get through the part of the state.


in case you were curious, they are magically delicious



interesting mountain
 

I was informed by a native that one is required to stop at the DQ and so, wanting an authentic Texas experience, I did.  Delish peanut-butter milk shake to go with the crispy onion rings.





On the outskirts of Austin--the scenery here reminds me so much of the Willamette Valley.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely scenery. I find that the more I drive, the more I crave fruit stands -- haven't had DQ since I was about eleven! Wow - will have to go to Hadlee's in Pearblossom and get a date shake. ☺

    ReplyDelete