Friday, July 6, 2012

Lotus life


 No poetry for this Friday, other than the lyricism of moving into my own space.  My clean, quiet, safe space!  The leasing office left little gifts throughout the apartment--think the Otter Pops were my favorite find in the freezer.


 Chopsticks and fortune cookie!


 Soaps and a candle graced the bathroom


 my wishing globe on another sill


Bogart is past ecstatic; his cone is off, I removed his stitches and he found a cool perch from which to survey his new kingdom.


 The clubhouse bit--two computers with a printer, coffee/tea/water


 More gifts--the practical ones were much appreciated.


The view from the front door


another view
 

the real reason I signed this lease--FULL size W/D in my unit


bedroom with door to huge balcony--cannot wait to begin the gardening



v. important feature; now that I've been here a few days, I know why these are listed as amenities in apartments


delighted to find this enormous Asian market within walking distance (well, on days that it's below 100)--there are two aisles devoted just to mushrooms.  I'll try to be gauche and take photos inside on my next visit.


 happy fish and dragon fountains outside the door



 Those who say one cannot buy happiness, know nothing of buying shoes & chocolates


& I assembled my new rice paper lanterns from SF last night.  Little did I know when I bought these on Father's Day that I would be living in an Asian community come July.

1 comment:

  1. This is SO much better than you working in some office at an Adventist school. Much more you.

    Bogart amuses.

    ReplyDelete