Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lady Bird's flowers


 In a lovely serendipitous moment, Sunday was a free admittance day to this outing I had on my summer list o' field trips.



 I am very much enjoying all the architecture around here crafted out of Texas limestone.


Guess in case your eyesight is bad and you need an enlarged version of said flower?



 Gorgeous little entrance pond.



 Also am loving all the light-strung courtyards around here.  Perhaps when it gets below 100 degrees, I will also enjoy hanging out in them.


The formal gardens.






Wish this blog site came with sound effects, so that you could hear the cicadas and the trickling, gurgling water.


Fun shade designs.

 The pond, upon leaving.



The State Bird (?!)



1 comment:

  1. Ooh, lurvely. The cacti fruit is edible, and I've always wished I could eat some. I wonder if it'd be slightly slimy like nopales.

    Lovely landscaping, if a little sun-bleached.

    ReplyDelete