Thursday, July 5, 2012

1812/2012


 My first Texan penny found on the sidewalk after turning in all the required leasing paperwork; a truly good omen for this week.


Gorgeous skyline; cannot wait to find out what the cool building is.


My attempt to capture the flag.


 What a treat to finally be at one of those fireworks/symphony evenings.  While it is certainly more comfortable (and cooler--think it was still 100 at 7) and easier to sit at home and watch on TV, there is something thrilling about feeling the boom of fireworks as the music of Tchaikovsky and Sousa and Adams swirl around one.


Bogart, admiring the dime I found on my walk to the riverfront park for fireworks.

1 comment:

  1. Yes - we went once to the Napa Symphony Chorus 4th, and it was amazing. It's really lovely to have both music and fireworks, although I could do without the sound, only the lights...

    ReplyDelete