Wednesday, August 25, 2010

walls of shoes


While sitting on the sand this afternoon, I noticed that it is perhaps time to splurge on a new pair of flip-flops.  In an uncharacteristic point, I do not remember where I bought these.  People say they wish walls could talk, I wish my shoes could.  What tales of trails would this pair tell?


The ones that survived the cross-country move--twice.


These chartreuse heels would tell of a fun spring outing with a favored aunt to the Nordstrom Rack in April of 2007.


These elegant workhorse shoes would tell of myriad concerts and stages...yes, even Carnegie Hall.


These would tell the saga of a gorgeous summer wedding in Carmel with a less than fairy book ending.


These would twinkle with such fun outings and for being one of the most complimented pairs in my closet.


These will sigh that they don't get many outings; being suede in a rainy and hilly life has them sitting in storage.


Because, really, one cannot have too many pink shoes.


Especially if they make the legs look good.


Unrelated to shoes, the plants are flourishing in this week's heat.


And the full moon rising is stunning.



4 comments:

  1. Many shoes are a requisite for any woman with good legs to flaunt them, in my opinion. Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of shoes, do you still have that pair I stepped out of at our wedding thingy and said, "Here, take them"? I hated those things. I think they may have been a smidge too big for you - but they reminded me of the first cream-colored pair.

    I should figure out how to photograph my legs in those pink/purple shoes... and I feel your pain on the suede. I would LOVE to wear suede. But to wear them here is simply to ruin them, so what's the point?

    Vacation in the desert - that's what we need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, alas, those shoes are long gone. I jettisoned many between here and P-town and back as well. Time for me to go and visit your sister!

    ReplyDelete