Monday, August 30, 2010

musings


A hand full of fresh beans for breakfast kicked this day off to a promising beginning.


As was dining and staring out at my miniature garden.


We (myself and the feline who eats all my plants except the catnip expressly planted for himself) also found it delightful to have the door wide open, as it was supposed to be raining this morning.  Not that we natives mind the liquid sunshine.


One delight of working on Sundays, is that on Mondays I have most places to myself.  Today's meander was back at the beach.  As I walked past two elderly women, the one without the oxygen tank was reading from a pamphlet:  "This is the time you need to call your family and friends who have any distance to travel..."

That was all I heard as I walked by.


Is it trite to remark 'carpe diem' in response?

1 comment:

  1. Not trite at all.
    Life is too short for waiting and hoping, for resenting and being stubborn, for wishing or might-have-beens, or even much dismay. Getting on with things directly is always a good game-plan.

    Carpe diem.

    ReplyDelete