Thursday, August 12, 2010

miniature thrills


Even on my whirlwind tour, I managed to find coinage on the ground.


Came back home with my suitcase stuffed with produce.  Literally.  Decided to make a summer squash frittata this morning to celebrate my father's garden.

Took myself to the Golden Gardens Park today and walked for a few hours.  Felt good to walk off the long travels of the past couple of days.


It was warm, humid and hazy.


Myriad blue herons were out fishing.


Gorgeous shells everywhere on this beach.


Another blurry heron.  I opted to not take photos of the elderly nude who was strutting down the beach.


Underwater lettuce garden...





Was surprised that an anemone could catch and devour a crab, but here it is on 'film'.


3 comments:

  1. Um... seriously?! A naked person just strolling along!? That could potentially really ruin the scenery.

    And what else did you think anemones did all day? They eat things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back - even at 2:00 am I'm lucid enough to be glad you chose not to "expose" the exposed. You must need to rest from your trip - have you slept? Friday we go to Port Ludlow to babysit. What is it about sleep? . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I know aneomones eat all day--it's just that they are stationery and crabs can scuttle quite quickly; so it surprised me that one was caught.

    ReplyDelete