Saturday, August 14, 2010

celebrating


Yes, it is a photo of yet another La Parisienne crepe.  Believe that I mentioned that I was reading and trying the exercises from The Artist's Way and yesterday was my one-year anniversary.  And so, I took myself out to celebrate. 


I meandered down Madison to La Côte to enjoy a solitary breakfast.  It may not seem like much; but it was the first time I had deliberately chosen to dine alone.  I've grabbed food in cafeterias and fast food joints before, but this was....different.  I thought it would feel awkward and pitiful and it turned out to make me feel sophisticated and a smidge mysterious.    I don't know that I would go out alone on a Friday night, but I know that I will do this sort of experience again.


On my apres-breakfast hike homewards, I admired my greenery on my balcony.  It's just a few pots, but it softens the harsh corporate feel to the building and brings me joy at the beginning/ending of each day.

I completely forgot about last summer's U-Haul ring!  I so should have been wearing it as we trekked from SF to Portland last week.


It's been absolutely broiling--at least for my weather tolerance--so I took myself to the beach again.  One perk to working weekends is having week days off and enjoying places that are normally crowded.


Some interesting posts left from a previous pier?


Gold flakes in the sand!


Not sure what these hoops were from, but they made an interesting sculpture in the rising tide.


Enormous jelly fish; I tried to take a photo next to my foot for a reference point, but the waves kept swirling it around.


The hazy Olympics.


Happy turtles, hangin' in the sunshine.  The turtle in Native American lore is the symbol for strength and perseverance.   Traits that are good to have around at any time of one's life.


I leave you with the wisdom painted in the underpass to the parking lot.  There was a sign at the edge of the tunnel inviting all to bring leftover acrylic paints and add to the colour of the passageway.   Perhaps next week, I will do so.

1 comment:

  1. I can very much see you as a 5:30 a.m. muralist! What a cool thought! Plus, you can cover the tagging. Briefly. 'Til the rockheads do it again.

    I used to love to look at our balcony from the street, too. All that gorgeous greenery and ALL YOURS. What a happy feeling.

    Cheers on your celebration.

    ReplyDelete