Thursday, November 3, 2011

odds & ends


After finding Trader's in my region (one of the prettiest branches I've ever seen, in any state!), came home with the rest of ingredients to cook up some chili.


Have never made it before; turned out quite well and is extra delicious in this clear, but dank weather.


Have always known that I am a water over woods girl and this week has reinforced that.  I had to flee the oppression of the trees to have a vista and some water time this afternoon.  Am thinking it's probably some dreary commentary on urbanization that I feel safer in Manhattan or in my former Capitol Hill neighborhood than I do in the deep woods. 


Point No Point Lighthouse--and yes, we can all agree that it is one of the dorkiest names for a lighthouse.  Spent a bit of time with various family during my first summer in the Seattle region and it was nice to return.


The moon rise amongst the clouds was much more stunning in person.


Say what you will about spring, but I think Autumn's light is loveliest.


Can you find Seattle in this pose?


 I leave you with this disturbing sign....don't even want to consider how one composts an emu.

1 comment:

  1. ...emu
    .....composting.
    Hm.

    I have thought that all of your sky shots were quite lovely; the piles of clouds reminds me of bathtub towers of suds. Lovely and peaceful.

    I have KNOWN that I am a coast-over-woods chick; the redwoods on the way out to the beach on the Sonoma Coast always give me the heebies. I cannot IMAGINE living within them as some people are so happy doing along the Russian River. UGH. No, thank you.

    ReplyDelete