Monday, November 7, 2011

adventures in teaching


I love me some technology.  Let me just say that at the beginning of this entry.  However, today, it proved to be most frustrating.  I arrived early  at school this morning to avoid such irritations, but as my laptop is still sick, I left it at home....not realizing that all my passwords are automatic and I don't know any of them.

And I had given email assignments to all my students for an in-class presentation on their favorite local place.

And then, when I went to the library to use their computers to print out some material--one computer froze and the other refused to print.

Fortunately, the copier was behaving.

We innovated in class--many of the students had their laptops, so we jury-rigged one to the projector and voila!  Photos galore.


We got hysterically derailed with one student having difficulty talking about his favorite 'beach'.  He kept using a short vowel sound.  One thing great about seniors is they have the maturity to make that into an amusing moment.

Had a fun and productive day.  What could be a better thing?

1 comment:

  1. Well, hooray. I expect that teaching people to come to grips with the English language will be a lot more fun than teaching people who speak it from birth, in one way or another...

    ReplyDelete