Thursday, January 6, 2011

kitchen counter adventures


Having far too many potatoes in my house (courtesy of the CSA folks who seem to know my English/Norwegian heritage and subsequently think I ought to exist on these tubers) and a cold rainy afternoon, decided to try making gnocchi by hand.


 Was excited when the little dumplings began to float....always a good sign.


And the final product was tasty with a smidge of Parmesan and fresh pepper.  I will now add these to last winter's batch of gingerbread as things to be checked off and never tried again. 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, check you out!
    Gnocchi can be tricky - the wrong kind of potato can make the whole thing gummy and horrific -- but yours at least look lovely. And HAHAHAHA - what, are they on your "bucket list" or something, so you'll never make them again??

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, they're both incredibly stiff doughs and unless Santa decides to bring me a shiny KitchenAid, I really don't feel like mixing them by hand again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wimp.

    Santa is gone. Vishnu will be talking to you now. You do not know how to speak to Vishnu. You know none of Vishnu's songs.

    Kitchenaids are for the weak. Vishnu spurns you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, well. If I had the power of Shiva (the power side of Vishnu), I would tackle any and all forms of dough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Instead, you are relegated to tackling weak doughs.

    ReplyDelete