Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2 for 1



Gorgeous snow fall; love how quiet the city can become.


Evidently my wiper blade didn't share my snow enchantment and registered this by falling to bits just as I pulled onto I-90.  As it was on the driver's side and it was pouring slush, made for an exhilarating commute to work.


A co-worker was kind enough to drive me to the nearest auto shop and I amused the lads at the counter with my story of madly catching my wiper blade while driving on the freeway.  And best of all?  They were having a 2-1 sale and I needed to replace the other wiper blade.

Now to figure out how to install them...

4 comments:

  1. Come to the school when it's in session - our bus driver is great with stuff like that - Lowell or Rick too. A two-fer doesn't help if it's not where it needs to be. Glad you avoided an accident. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you; I would except I have to be on the eastside tomorrow. I'll try again in the morning and I'm sure I can find someone at either job site to help.

    It was a dramatic drive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I'm not more help -- whenever I've had to put them on, I do it at the store and run back in and beg for assistants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're a bit tricky ... but, if you replace them on the off-season (yeah, hindsight), then you can usually find some pimply-faced car-geek to do it for you.

    ReplyDelete