Sunday, January 9, 2011

joie de vivre

is currently in limited supply.  On the petulant level, this was to be a rare Sunday off for me, so I had lovely visions of a long and lazy slumber.  Visions which were abruptly ruined at 4 a.m. by the endless shrieking of our fire alarms.  No fire, so I s'pose I oughtn't complain.  And I had fallen asleep reading this marvelous book:


This violent waking was followed by emails and news of violence--both on the personal and national level.  Another funeral to plan this week.


So it seemed an appropriate time to test out a new recipe from my fabulous dessert book.  The sheen of melting chocolate always delights.


As does the scent of chocolate baking....


Success!  My teeny way of bringing back an iota of joy to this chaotic and scary world.  Grab and fork and come on over.

5 comments:

  1. National is bad enough - but "violence" in one's own sphere? Sorry - hope chocolate helps - and please go back to sleep if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate on a Sunday morning sounds so decadent. I think you have the best ideas. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I read some reviews of "Slow is Beautiful," and ended up getting "The Joy of Less: A Minimalist Living Guide" instead. On the agenda today: tearing into the excess in my closet and getting it simple again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the up side, imagine if you'd HAD to go to work today, and were wakened at 4 a.m. with the stupid alarms...

    The lovely brioche-esque thing looks great! You're suddenly turning into the kitchen goddess' apprentice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, now I just need a B/B to run. Because I certainly don't need to be eating all of this stuff.

    ReplyDelete