Tuesday, June 8, 2010

sand in my spinach


As I've amused a couple of friends with this vignette from my life, decided to share it with the world.  Came home with some lovely spinach from Pike's, gave it a thorough rinse and made a delightful salad.  A couple bites into it, I decided that it needed a little kick and ground some pepper onto the top.  One bite later as I looked down and saw black specks, I freaked out that I missed some grit and got up to rinse it again....

There are days I ought not be allowed out into the world.  At least not without a warning sign.


On the up side, found not only $.12, but an Euro--they are the exact size/shape of our penny and yet are worth 2 Euros.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I found a Euro in the cab the other day!

    A few other countries are going on the Euro, we just discovered. I find that sad -- our change has so much to do with our history and our past, and how tragic to never differentiate and have something to hold after a vacation. Kroner, marks, pounds, lira - those are the sounds of the world.

    ReplyDelete