Thursday, June 24, 2010

delight catching up


Had so many good blog ideas while my computer was out but the sun gods suddenly decided that it is  summer and my motivation has disappeared with the rain clouds.  The above is one of my favorite walls in Seattle--it's an entire block of poetry written by local high school students.  I try to get a different line every time I walk past.  (My second favorite wall is a hotel wall with lights that change colours--so far all my photos of that have failed.)


The most divine and delicious 'shroom crepe.  If I were motivated, I would regale you with tales of the most incompetent and odd wait staff ever.  But for now, we'll just admire this tasty moment.


My men's choir, The Rusty Chords, has their first performance this week.  They decided we were all to wear blue shirts and khaki trousers and as I didn't have a blue shirt, a trip to Goodwill was organised.  I LOVE Goodwill.  I came home with a gorgeous raspberry velvet jacket (yes, I know that it's summer, but when I do my worldwide autumnal tour, I'll need jackets) and this lovely polka dot pot for Bogart's catnip.

May I just say that my ungrateful feline doesn't care for fresh catnip?  Oh no.  He'd rather take out a row of my beets then deign to dine on his own special garden growth.

But I am digressing.


This is Yvonne, my fabulous organist.  Was enjoying her postlude this last week, but wasn't watching.  When she finished, she shrieked that none of us saw that her music had fallen, so she played the entire thing one handed.  


And on a whimsical jaunt, I got myself a nice packet of magic rocks.  Pretty sure that one's second childhood isn't supposed to begin until one is in one's 90's, but I say, why wait?  My first one was fun and most days, being adultlike is highly overrated.
I hope this midsummer's eve finds you full of whimsy.

3 comments:

  1. I miss thrifting; we have a scary area where people do it here, but it's where the mafia and its mini-mafiosos sort of do their thing, and it's frankly not someplace I want to be with thousands on a weekend. I am going to try to get some shopping in this next week, but we'll see... After all the other stuff you brought home I hope you actually got the shirt!

    One thing I've always admired about you was your ability to actually wear beautiful things. You do not fear ruffles nor polka dots nor shiny satin or silk. I'm trying to overcome my fear of Teh Girlyz and wear some original looking clothes already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is a mushroom crepe sounding absolutely irresistible at 4:00 in the morning when I'm up with jet lag?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was delish!! We'll have to go there next time you visit--the crepe place is in between the coffee shop and Cafe Flora.

    The trick to wearing outre clothing is to add only one element. My closet is mainly black--I just toss in a ruffle or polka dot here/there.

    ReplyDelete