Sunday, October 21, 2012

sparkles & spice


 Had a grad school friend come to town for the weekend; lots of fun to catch up and have quality girl time.  As we walked around downtown, found these fun inlays in the sidewalk next to the Children's Museum.


Brunch this morning was in the Tree Room of the very yummy Austin Java--gingerbread pancakes were my choice.  (and they were as unphotogenic as they were tasty.  And another vain attempt to capture one of the beautiful tin stars around town.)


Stuffed to the gills for SUCH a great price.  There are many things about Austin that are appealing and their restaurant scene is a huge one.



 More sidewalk artistry.


and a little grin from my main man; counting the days until Christmas break when I get to see him again!  And as tomorrow usher's in second quarter, that is soon approaching....despite the fact that I am going to bed sunburned in the middle of October.

2 comments:

  1. WHAT?? Is all I can say to the price of your breakfast! They sounded delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheap food goes with sunny places, I guess. How nice.
    At first I thought you were showing that because it said Java and the words 'Delivery' and 'Dessert', and I was going to squee that they would just drive that over for you. But, alas. I suppose for five bucks, you can drive and get it yourself.

    ReplyDelete