Tuesday, October 30, 2012

hunter moon


A collection from all over the US of the full moon rising.



And just in time for All Hallows Eve, I got to see the Bat Bridge, i.e. South Congress Bridge, i.e. the newly named Ann Richards Bridge.  (Austinites LOVE their triple named roads; should you ever visit, make sure to get explicit directions when trying to get somewhere.)


It wasn't quite the swarm that is here in mid-spring, but the atmosphere was still fragrant and swooshy.


After some spicy lemongrass tofu, got to check off another tourist thing by visiting the O. Henry house.  Am working on a lesson plan for my jury trial class including his embezzlement charges....who knew he lived in Texas & had a criminal streak? 


4 comments:

  1. Yeah, it was a bit ripe. But I was warned ahead of time to NOT take the lower trail....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, good old Ann Richards, God rest her.

    My words would have been malodorous and swishy; bat guano is something else...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, it even penetrated my mucus-filled head, so I KNOW it was strong.

    ReplyDelete