Sunday, August 26, 2012

minute delights


 Just because it's 102 outside, doesn't mean one cannot enjoy some hints of autumnal spices.  Plus, my classroom is delightfully chilled enough to wear a jacket or cardigan, so hot drinks are still enjoyed.


another cent


cooking is amazingly therapeutic--something about slicing and dicing and chopping with vigor....had fun with some large sheets of gluten, turning them into delicious lemon roll.



haven't had luck convincing Bogart to switch places with me for a couple of weeks.  I'm happy to stay home and loaf about, taking unending naps and snackage breaks.


I've decided to call the rain fall here 'efficient' as we get a month's worth in 15 minutes.  It still astounds me--I'll just sit at the window and stare.

4 comments:

  1. Lemon roll, eh?
    Care to share that recipe?

    I have only gotten gluten sheets once; they were dried and I don't think I used them well. Oh, wait. I'm now told those were tofu sheets. Never mind.

    Anyway, recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No recipe, I just dabbed lemon curd on the inside, rolled it up and poured sweet/sour over the top with some lime zest and snipped green onions. I baked it; it was a bit tough, so not sure how to avoid that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please do give my warmest regards to Bogart. Had a bit of nostalgia for Moca, seeing him lounging there with such aplomb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bogart is just blissed out in Austin; don't know if it's the sunshine or the warmth, but he's just so chirpy & chatty & is constantly purring!

    ReplyDelete