Thursday, August 2, 2012

lazy, hazy days of summer


 This has become my absolute favorite view in the past few weeks.




 Have become addicted to the contrast of icy water and hot summer sun.



 After enduring being shut in a conference room for a tedious all-day orientation, I rewarded myself by a visit to the Blanton Art Gallery.  It was everything I had hoped the AMoMA would be.  While wandering around the modern art gallery, I could hear the distinct sound of coinage....and to my delight, I found a ROOM full of pennies.  (No.  I did not take any.)



 Mainly because I had already found riches on the sidewalk earlier in the week.  Helpful note in Texas?  Do not pick up mental on the sidewalk during the summer!  I could have scooped up more, but my finger's were burned.


The seed pods I stored on my deck burst open in the heat.  Also bursting open were the Advil tablets I had in my car.  Free life lesson:  it is NOT a brilliant idea to pour a bit of water in the bottle and swish it around to do an aspirin shot.  Think I can still taste the acidic brew.

1 comment:

  1. The Springs seem fab because you can actually swim the length of them. We're looking for lap-sized pools in our house search, and people really like puddles with waterfalls. FAIL!

    I dunno - I might have packed some tweezers and cashed in on all of that change. But, that's just me - a little money-grubbing. Meanwhile, I know you were tempted by the penny room!!

    Your Advil cocktail sounds like it just needed lemon juice and sugar - a bit of bitters, and voila!

    ReplyDelete