Sunday, February 12, 2012

whether? whither?


discovered these random compasses (compasi?) on an exploratory walk today.  Thought it was delightful as one of the poems I've on a post-it right now begins with:

"She wasn't where she had been.
She wasn't where she was going…but she was on her way."


Another surreal arts experience occurred yesterday in this alien new county.  I will draw a veil over it as I'm still rather horrified.

I've lived many places and among myriad cultures, but I cannot get a read on this current zip code.   It's not necessarily bad, but I've never felt so out-of-place.   A fish up a tree is the best way I can describe it.


But this fish finally got paid for January lessons, so there was a trip to the market and the first batch of cookies was whipped up in my new kitchen toy!  V. fun to use.  

And now to Monday....

1 comment:

  1. I love compasses - and we find them here with the odd sundial - so lovely.

    ReplyDelete