Monday, February 6, 2012

opinions wanted

As the sun is finally shining and I was actually home during daylight hours, I snapped photos of the paint chips I have taped up around the place.  It's a bit ironic that I am now living with two of my most detested colours:  turquoise and lime green.  These need to disappear, post haste.


Right now, I am leaning towards the card on the left; if you know Behr paint, it is Cashmere.  I am also wanting to do the technique that is called chalk paint--makes furniture look aged--anyone ever use it and have advice?


The lightest shades on these cards are also contenders.


Here's a shot of the vile room.


Sadly, no amount of paint will turn it into my dream kitchen where most of a favorite movie (It's Complicated ) is shot, but at least a neutral tone will help step in that dream direction.


Another one--standing in front of the horrid cupboards and looking at the hideous curtains.


The nasty lime green shows up on the bathroom cupboards as well.


Am wanting to paint the bathroom a rich chocolate brown--toying with the idea of icy pink cupboards, but don't know if that would cover the icky green.


A long shot of the kitchen.  The living room just needs to be painted again--the place is rather shabby and was not treated well by the last tenants.  The guess room eventually will be raspberry (as dictated by the local princess nieces) and my room will probably be touched up as the current greyish lavender is okay.

That concludes the inside projects that are within my budget (and what's reasonable--this place needs to be razed and a new unit needs to be moved in); stay tuned for outside and yard projects and aspirations.

2 comments:

  1. Amusingly, to me all of the colors in the first picture look practically the same; the far right looks the most yellow, and I like that pale shade. However, I don't know about too many pastels, either. Just about anything you do will freshen things up and make you happier.

    I'm laughing that your blog is the color of your bathroom cabinets, practically...

    ReplyDelete
  2. obviously the tint does not show up well via photographs--it is EYE-searing green.

    I prefer darker colours, but think with the low ceilings and dark climate, it would be a little too cave-like.

    ReplyDelete