Wednesday, December 14, 2011

stinkin' cute


 Okay, perhaps not the most elegant title for a genteel and lovely outing to the local tea rooms, but it's the only thing coming to my brain.


While I adore my Niecelet, wasn't sure how the staff would react to bringing a 3-year-old into their heavily Christmas decorated china shop.


They were thrilled to host such a young tea aficionado and just swooned when she informed them that she had her own teapot and had tea "ALL the time".


 In addition to the listed cucumber sandwiches, they whipped up some extra veggie ones just for us.


I had the Snow Monkey blend and Ms. Snicklefritz had the SF blend.  We tasted each other's  blend and experimented with the ratio of sugar cubes to actual tea; some of us more than others at the table...



And what would a girls' outing be without something gooey and chocolatey?

1 comment:

  1. To her, an all-girls outing means no little brother. In later years, it'll mean something else, but I'm sure she's just happy now to have all of your attention to herself.

    And what a great hat.

    I miss going out to tea. Funny - I don't bother here, they don't have a lot of veggie sandwich/pastry options, and the desserts are reaallllly rich, so I come away ill. I will remember the Magnolia with its fresh fruit and fresh sandwiches... ahh.

    ReplyDelete