Thursday, December 8, 2011

Indianolo


Trying to use my rare days of leisure to explore my new community.   Always happy to find towns along the beach front, so when someone said that Indianolo was a cute community, I popped around the corner this morning to see.


Very cool feeling to walk out that far above the water.  I could natter on about the history of this pier, but was too enchanted with the ambiance to absorb all that historical blah-blah.


 Looking up the beach towards my neighborhood in Agate Pass.


 Was deeply amused to keep finding pieces of kelp that looked like Stripples (or bacon, for the carnivores among you) strewn all about the rocks.  And for the Austen fans, have to wonder what the Sanditon crowd would have done with this species.


 I find ancient barns and abandoned pilings to be compelling visuals; conjuring up vignettes of a busy and bustling past.


Quick little outing with the Doodles; we took turns mugging for the camera.


 Stylin' the t-shirt/tie combo (difficult to see with the seat belt, I now realize).


And!  The best bit of the day was finding that an elf had left this charming green hat in my post box.  I shall be wearing it all winter.

1 comment:

  1. The bridge is AMAZING. That vanishing point view is great. So beautiful and still the water was, as well.

    BTW: You're s'posed to model the hat, chickadee.

    I'm scared that Sol takes photographs already. But, then, these are babies who chewed on iPhones...

    ReplyDelete