Wednesday, September 21, 2011

shifting into change


No trumpets sound 
when the important decisions 
of our life are made. 
Destiny is made known silently.
~Agnes de Mille 

This poster has been in my office/classroom for the past six years.  Today I began conversations that will take me into the next chapter of this life I am attempting to create.

My friend calls this the leaping onto the next lily pad process.  Terrifying and yet exhilarating.  And necessary, I think, to finding that life well-lived for oneself.


The artist never entirely knows. 
We guess. 
We may be wrong, 
but
we take leap after leap 

in the dark.
~Agnes de Mille

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, especially love that last one.

    Can't stay on the same lily pad forever, I guess. That metaphor doesn't easily lend itself to larger ideas of travel, but the gist is there.

    ReplyDelete