Monday, September 26, 2011

NSCC wrap-up


 a belated post about our farewell potluck/party at North Seattle Community College last week....hopefully the last early morning, I'll see for awhile.


 all the name cards from the students


 setting up the table--Norwegian cookies and Italian chicken/polenta and Russian blinis were the first to arrive.


 Karen (US/Japan), Hawo (Somalia) and Tomaki (Japan) looking over the selections.


 Paula making her Columbian dish with tortillas and fresh cheese.


James (Italian) and Hawo arranging more food.


the menu--we also had Neapolitans from Turkmenistan.


and finally, Obama was in my hood on Friday--didn't see him, but thought it was cool to see that the bus stop was closed due to a Presidential visit.

2 comments:

  1. The BEST POTLUCKS, EVER are had when the International Students get together. Best. Food. Ev-ah. And they WILL shove it right on into your mouth, despite you trying to explain about that vegetarian thing.

    I carry a big smile and voluminous napkins. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the Ethiopians in particular followed me around and any time there was a glimmer of the bottom of my plate, they would fill it again. Not sure if it was because I enthused over lentils, because I liked their spicy food or because I was the Teetcha. AND they sent me home with two heaping plates of food.

    ReplyDelete