Tuesday, October 26, 2010

finding delight through the feet


After walking through blocks of red and yellow leaves, this patch of green ones made me pause.


I don't know if Nietzsche's thought that "all truly great thoughts are conceived by walking" is true, but I know that walking always clears my head.  I am in my fourth year of a mainly pedestrian (walking, not banal) life and I don't ever want to go back to a car-centric life.


V. cool to actually hear waves crashing at Lake Washington.


Have walked past Oh! Chocolate for the past year and as it was pouring rain in the middle of my walk, I finally ducked inside.  Delightful shop and talkative owner.  May take a chocolate class there this winter.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun name for a shop.
    It looks like someone denuded a bush with the green leaves on the ground there. Or beat up a bouquet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the gale that's been blowing through here for two days; am surprised there's any foliage left anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recommend the Seattle Chocolate Tour, which starts at the Chocolate Box on Pine btwn 1st and 2nd and includes a stop at Oh! Chocolates. I've never been wired from sheer chocolate consumption before. It was awesome. - Vera

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seattle has a chocolate tour???? And I'm just now learning about it? Thank you for the tip!

    ReplyDelete